The person with the most points will win a prize (TBD) from truthandfire.com. There is no limit to the number of entries/links that may be submitted. #JoelOsteen or #TDJakes must read directly from his Bible and exegete scriptures with other scriptures OR teach on a particular scripture or Biblical concept in its proper context. (Context will be verified.) Links must be provided in the comments section of this Instagram post or via e-mail at email@example.com. (Links only. No justifications or explanations.) Sermons that fail to reference ANY scriptures from the New Testament will be automatically disqualified.
Dates: Entries will be accepted beginning 3:00 p.m. ET, Monday June 5th through 3:00 p.m. ET Monday, June 26th. The winner will be announced on or before July 31, 2017.
*Bonus points available for...
- Sermons preaching from the book of Revelation
- Any sermons by #CrefloDollar, #PaulaWhite #JoyceMeyer or any other popular televangelist from the 21st century preaching the Gospel
- Sermon(s) explicitly teaching on repentance, the resurrection, being willing to forsake all (including one's own life, family or riches) for the cause of Christ
- Social media posts teaching the Gospel
**Points will be deducted from sermons during which...
- a story from the Old Testament is told, but the Pastor never ties the story to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- a retelling a story from the Old Testament is out of context
- the terms "destiny", "breakthrough", "season", "prosperity" or "favor" are used in context of the pastor's message
- there are 15-minute increment of preaching without referencing scripture (in proper context)
- Sermons that introduce concepts that are explicit errors or heresy (directly contradict God's word/nature).
- 1000 points for each sermon preached in the last year (June 2016 - contest end date)
- 500 points for each sermon preached in the last 1 to 3 years (June 2014 - May 2017)
- 300 points for each sermon preached in the last 3 to 5 years (June 2012 - May 2014)
- 100 points for each sermon preached in or before May 2012 (5 years ago or earlier)
*Bonus Points will be rewarded at a rate of 50 points flat for each sermon that qualifies to receive them.
**Points will be deducted at a rate 100 points flat for each sermon that qualifies for deductions.